Zoom Tutorial for PC and MAC
With the spread of the coronavirus, it is becoming increasingly important to hold meetings online. Only a few short months ago, businesspeople favored in-person meetings with clients; today, however, many are turning to online solutions in order to keep in touch despite widespread curfews. Conversely, many educational facilities have begun utilizing video conferencing apps to facilitate remote communication with their students. One of the most well-known video conferencing tools is Zoom. The ability to run on multiple platforms is a big factor in its success. Zoom, on the other hand, has features like Web-based meeting access and the capacity to share one's screen with as many as one hundred other people. All of these features set it apart as a viable alternative to competitors like Google Hangouts Meet and Microsoft Teams.
Zoom can be accessed from any device with an internet connection. Zoom meetings also allow attendees to communicate with meeting organizers via an online portal. In addition, a meeting hosted in the Zoom app can have up to 100 attendees, and with the Large Meeting upgrade, that number can rise to 500 people. However, in recent years, some privacy concerns have been raised, which has impacted the worldwide success of the Zoom app. However, the development team has claimed that it is now giving its undivided attention to improving users' privacy. This has the potential to make Zoom an even more powerful tool for online conferences.
Still, you may be wondering where to begin with Zoom. Here, then, is a comprehensive manual for setting up and operating the Zoom desktop application. We've included instructions for both Windows and Mac computers to save you time. Before beginning our tutorial, you can also get the most recent version of the Zoom client for your desktop by visiting the official site.
Here's how to log in to a Zoom meeting on a Mac or PC.
Get started with the Zoom software on your computer.
Now, on the welcome screen, click the Join a Meeting button.
To join a meeting, a window will appear asking for either the Meeting ID or the Personal Link Name. On the same screen, you'll find the choices to connect your audio and display your video as well as the option to change your name.
You can now join the meeting by clicking the screen's Join button.
It's possible to join a Zoom meeting without installing the software on your computer by using a browser. To join the meeting, simply open the link provided in your browser, and you will be taken to a page where a Join from your browser link is displayed. After that, a screen will appear asking for your name so that you can officially join the meeting. However, not all meetings offer the Join from your browser link; it is provided by the host.
These are the steps you need to take in order to join a Zoom meeting if you have a Zoom account. To unlock additional features, sign in.
- Fire up the Zoom software on your laptop.
- To log in with your current account, please select the Sign In link. To join for nothing at all, click the Sign Up Free link on the Sign In screen. To sign in without creating a new account, you can use your existing Single sign-on (SSO) credentials, or log in with your Google or Facebook account.
- If you're already logged into Zoom, you can use the Join button on the main screen to join an ongoing meeting.
You'll be prompted to enter the Meeting ID or Personal Link Name into a pop-up window. Your name can also be displayed on the screen for the meeting's organizer and other attendees to see. In addition, there are checkboxes to disable the video and audio.
At this time, the app will link you up with the conference call.
Tutorials for setting up and running a Zoom meeting on a Mac or PC
Quickly organize a desktop Zoom meeting with these instructions.
- It's time to fire up the Zoom software.
- In case you haven't already done so, please click the Sign In button.
- You'll be brought to the main screen, where you'll want to select the New Meeting option. If you click the arrow down next to the New Meeting button, you can mute the video.
- Zoom will bring up a screen after you click the button, detailing information like the meeting's topic, host name, password, numeric password for telephone and room systems, invitation URL, and participant ID. Guests can be invited directly from this screen. In a similar vein, you'll be able to broadcast what's on your screen.
- When you're ready to wrap up your meeting, just click the End Meeting button. To end the meeting for everyone, click the End Meeting for All button in the resulting dialogue box. Leave Meeting button in the meeting's pop-up dialogue box to end your participation and designate someone else as the meeting's host. You can log out of the conversation while it continues without you.
Additionally, you can record your meeting conversations and chats with other attendees at any time. Audio and video can both be muted or turned off within the app itself should the host need to do so during the meeting. In addition, the hosting screen will show you the current attendance for your meeting.
Zoom meeting scheduling instructions (Windows, macOS)
- Get started with the Zoom software on your computer.
- Log in with your existing account information or create a new one on the app.
- In order to set up a meeting, click the Schedule button on the main screen that has just appeared.
- A window will pop up from the app where you can enter the meeting's subject, choose a time and date, set a password, and decide whether or not to allow participants to join via phone or computer.
- You can choose to send an iCal, Google Calendar, or other calendar invite once you've filled out all the necessary information.
- Time for you to press the Schedule button and set up that meeting!
- The Zoom app's main screen will display upcoming meetings that you have scheduled. The Meetings section is where you'll find information about upcoming meetings and where you'll find links to past meeting minutes and recordings.
Zoom's user experience can be facilitated by the use of browser add-ons available for both Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. It is possible to schedule a Zoom meeting with the help of these add-ons instead of the official app. You'll still need the app if you want to join an existing meeting or organize your own.
Zoom can be downloaded for free, though the free Basic plan has a meeting time limit of only 40 minutes. Nonetheless, you can have as many one-on-one meetings as you like and up to 100 people in a group meeting. The Pro plan costs $14 per month and adds features like admin controls, custom personal meeting IDs, and user management in addition to raising the 24-hour meeting time limit. A mere (or about Rs monthly) per host ($1,100) For more advanced needs, Zoom also offers Business and Enterprise plans. The latter allows you to invite up to 500 people to your meetings without paying extra for the Large Meeting upgrade, which is necessary for the Pro and Business plans.
Which is better: the Mi TV 4X or the Vu Cinema TV as the best budget TV in India right now? You can listen to our discussion of this topic on this week's episode of Orbital, our weekly technology podcast, by clicking the play button above or subscribing to the show on Apple Podcasts or RSS.
Are you interested in purchasing firearms in Ontario? In Canada, firearms can be classified into three categories:Non-restricted (e.g.: most modern hunting firearms, including rifles and shotguns)Restricted (e.g.: primarily handguns)ProhibitedTo legally obtain non-restricted firearms and ammunition in
The following regulations will take effect on January 1st, 2021 for existing members of the Esso Extra program who joined before October 6th, 2020. For new members who joined on or after October 6th, 2020, these rules will be effective immediately.The regulations outlined below pertain to the Esso
To make a call from a phone in Italy, simply dial 001 followed by your desired number. Many Americans feel apprehensive about dialing European phone numbers, but there's no need to worry. With the help of these guidelines and a comprehensive list of calling codes for Europe, the process becomes quite
If you have ordered an item from another country, you may have to pay shipping duties on your package. These duties are specific taxes and fees that are applied to your package by the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) and are usually paid through the shipping company. However, you might be wondering