The Ontario G2 Driving Exam
Get set to receive your G2! Think your kid is old enough for the next phase of graduated licensing? The G2 license test is very difficult and requires extensive study. When was the last time you went for a test drive? Do you feel confident in your understanding of traffic laws and signs?
Prepared to ace the G2 exam on the first try Everything you need to know to pass the G2 driving test is summarized here. The G2 test, its booking process, prerequisites, fees, and passing strategies will all be covered in this article.
After 12 months (or 8 months with driving school), you are eligible to take the G2 road test. There are two road tests required to earn an Ontario driver's license, and this one is the first.
It takes about 20 minutes to finish the G2 road test. It's a good gauge of whether or not you're ready to drive in the city. During the test, you won't be able to access any major highways that begin with "400," but after you pass, you'll have free reign over them all.
Is Your Driving Skills G2 Test Ready?
The real test begins once you've passed the G1 permit exam. It's a major jump to go from Generation 1 to Generation 2. Before taking a road test, drivers should make sure they are adequately prepared. To determine your level of preparedness, ask yourself the following:
- How many miles have I logged
- The total number of hours I've spent behind the wheel of my G1
- Have I finished driver's ed?
- Do I understand the traffic laws?
- Do I feel safe behind the wheel?
- Do I require additional practice time?
- Do I lack any essential abilities?
You can do it, I know it. The next step is to schedule your G2 driving exam.
The scheduling procedure for your G2 evaluation is straightforward. The following data is required:
- The number on your Ontario driver's license
- A time and date of your choosing
- A recommended testing site
- Preferences for Alternative Settings
Taking Your G2 Exam: Three Options
Booking is possible via the website, by phone, or in person. You can schedule your G2 driving exam in one of three ways:
- Schedule your G2 driving exam on the DriveTest website.
- Contact us at 647-776-0331 or toll-free at 1-888-570-6110.
- Whenever you're ready, at any DriveTest Centre
Do you need to postpone or cancel your scheduled road inspection? If you cancel within the required 48 hours, there will be no charge.
MTO reports that "approximately 294,400 passenger road tests have been cancelled due to closures and Grey lockdown restrictions" since the beginning of the pandemic. Although the province has relaxed its policy on in-person examinations as of June 14, 2021, a large number of people are still waiting for scheduled appointments. DriveTest has stated that, due to overwhelming demand, they are unable to offer priority rescheduling. More testing facilities and personnel are in the works.
Class G1, G2, M1, and M2 license holders in Ontario have until December 31, 2022 to re-qualify or upgrade the novice license, as the province continues down the road to reopen. Beginning in 2023, G1 and G2 will have their normal expiration dates.
To-Do List for the Ontario G2 Driving Exam
You'll need to show that you know the fundamentals of safe driving in order to get your G2. Teachers will evaluate how well you behave in traffic. At all times, you must demonstrate safe driving practices. You will receive verbal instructions from the teacher during the test. Just do what they say.
The G2 Exam: What Do You Need to Know to Pass?
Here are the aspects of your driving skills that will be tested:
- Have you buckled up?
- Disengaging the emergency brake and turning the key
- Using your turn signals when you make a turn
- Stop signs
- Signaling and double-checking your shoulder as you pass a car
- Making use of the passing lane
- Navigating Signalized Crossroads
- Drive in parallel
- Safely reversing
- The ability to recognize potentially harmful situations
- Scanning your environment with your eyes
- Stopping in an Emergency
- The Turnaround: a Three-Pointer
- Driving in reverse
- Parking backwards
- Respecting designated speed limits
- Handbrake Use
Get Ontario car insurance or be listed as a secondary driver on your parent's policy once you pass your G2.
Included in the Class G1 Licensing Package is the $159 Cost of Taking the G2 Road Test. 75) You can retake the test if you don't pass the first time. The cost of passing the class G2 driving test is $53. 75 There is a licensing fee due once you pass the exam.
Please be aware that your G1 licence package fees paid in advance are only valid for six years from the date of payment.
G2 Test Prerequisites
In order to take the G2 road test, drivers must meet a number of criteria:
- You've been a G1 license holder for an entire year. After 8 months, if you've finished driver's ed.
- Permit to Drive (G1)
- Corrective eyewear, such as glasses or contacts
- Please arrive 30 minutes early to check in and register.
- Problems with your car are not allowed.
What sort of errors were made? It only takes one serious slip-up to guarantee failure. You can afford to make some blunders and still do well.
Mistakes to Avoid on the G2 Exam
The best way to ensure you pass your test is to put in time practicing on the road. As you gain experience with the road, following the rules of the road will feel more natural to you. You can do better on the test if you know what the most common driving mistakes are. The five most frequent errors made on G2 exams are listed below.
- Failure to signal turns: Always use your signal when making a turn, backing out of a parking space, or entering a roundabout.
- Not maintaining a steady speed that conforms to the posted limits You shouldn't go 70 if it says 50 km/h.
- Making a turn or changing lanes without first checking your mirrors: Do this about once every five seconds.
- Rolling stops are not allowed at stop signs; you must come to a complete stop for three seconds.
- Avoid the common pitfalls of inexperienced drivers by practicing parallel parking in advance of your test.
It is estimated that between 30 and 45 percent of first-time G2 test-takers will fail. You can schedule a G2 retest if you fail the first one as long as your G1 license is still active.
Your G1 license will be invalid after two years. You'll have to retake the test of knowledge and pay the associated fees.
The examiner can end your road test early or refuse to begin it if they feel it is unsafe for you to continue. Examples of such cases are:
- There are problems with your car.
- The license plate and registration have expired.
- People think you've been drinking or using drugs recently.
- If they determine that your driving skills are insufficient, they can end the test early.
Guides for the G2 Driving Exam
Advice on how to improve your test scores can have a huge impact. Study these G2 driving test strategies:
- Please plan to arrive at the hotel at least 30 minutes before your appointment time in order to check in. Don't put yourself in a panicked state right before the exam.
- Be sure your car is road-ready before your evaluation by making sure it is in good working order. Make sure the gas is full, the wiper fluid is at a full reservoir, and the lights work. Your car should have no mechanical problems.
- It's common practice for test-takers to borrow a vehicle from a friend or family member. Learn where the exit button is located Practice applying the parking brake Alter the mirrors so that you can see clearly. Get a feel for the car as a whole. You should be as relaxed as possible while behind the wheel.
- Please remember to bring your driver's license, other forms of identification, and your preferred method of payment when you visit our office.
- Reserve well in advance of your license's expiration date. If your initial reservation does not go through, you will have time to try again.
- Relax Relax; if you've done your homework, you'll be fine.
G2 Test Frequently Asked Questions
Are you interested in purchasing firearms in Ontario? In Canada, firearms can be classified into three categories:Non-restricted (e.g.: most modern hunting firearms, including rifles and shotguns)Restricted (e.g.: primarily handguns)ProhibitedTo legally obtain non-restricted firearms and ammunition in
The following regulations will take effect on January 1st, 2021 for existing members of the Esso Extra program who joined before October 6th, 2020. For new members who joined on or after October 6th, 2020, these rules will be effective immediately.The regulations outlined below pertain to the Esso
To make a call from a phone in Italy, simply dial 001 followed by your desired number. Many Americans feel apprehensive about dialing European phone numbers, but there's no need to worry. With the help of these guidelines and a comprehensive list of calling codes for Europe, the process becomes quite
If you have ordered an item from another country, you may have to pay shipping duties on your package. These duties are specific taxes and fees that are applied to your package by the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) and are usually paid through the shipping company. However, you might be wondering