Selling Your Dogecoin: A Step-by-Step Guide
Disclaimer: This information should not be considered as an endorsement of cryptocurrency or any specific provider, service, or offering. It is not a recommendation to engage in trading.
A Guide to Selling Dogecoin
Selling Dogecoin can be best done through a cryptocurrency exchange. If your Dogecoin is already on an exchange, you can proceed directly to step 4 by clicking here. Otherwise, you will need to deposit your DOGE on the exchange to sell it on the market.
When it comes to selling DOGE, there are several factors to take into account. Before registering on an exchange, make sure that DOGE is listed on the platform and that the fiat currency you desire to withdraw to a bank account is supported. Compare different exchanges to find the lowest deposit fees, withdrawal fees, and trading fees in order to maximize the amount of fiat currency you receive.
Step 1: Selecting a Platform to Sell Dogecoin
Choosing where to sell Dogecoin depends on various factors. Crypto exchanges offer different fees for depositing assets, but the depositing of DOGE should typically be free, except for the network fee. Also, take into consideration the trading fees for selling DOGE when deciding where to sell. Reasonable trading fees usually range from 0% to 0.5% per trade. Another important factor to consider when selling Dogecoin is the withdrawal fee for cashing out to a bank account. Some exchanges charge a flat rate, while others charge a percentage. Look for an exchange that either has no withdrawal fees, charges a low flat rate, or covers a portion of the fees.
Step 2: Creating an Account
After selecting a crypto exchange to sell your Dogecoin, you will need to create an account. Look for the sign-up or register button on the homepage and follow these steps:
- Provide an email address or phone number.
- Create a password.
- Verify the provided email or phone number by entering the verification code that was sent to it.
- Agree to the terms and conditions.
- Click on "sign up" or "register."
Next, you will need to go through the KYC process to verify your identity. While Finder has summarized the basic steps, you can find detailed instructions in Finder's KYC guide.
- Enter your personal information, including your name, country of residence, and ID details. This step may require you to upload a scanned copy of your chosen identification document, or simply enter your ID number.
- Upload the necessary documents, such as a clear photo or scan of your ID without any glare or obstruction, as well as a utility bill or bank statement that matches the name and address on the provided ID.
- Take a selfie, ensuring that your face is fully visible. Hold a piece of paper with your name and the current date written on it. Some sites may provide a unique code that needs to be included in the photo.
- Activate 2FA (two-factor authentication), which is optional but recommended for added account security. Some exchanges may require this step regardless.
Step 3: Depositing Dogecoin
The next step is to deposit your DOGE on the exchange in order to sell it. Follow these steps:
- Go to the wallets or balances page on the exchange.
- Locate "Dogecoin."
- Click on "Deposit."
- Copy the provided address for your DOGE deposit.
- Paste the address into your external Dogecoin wallet, ensuring its accuracy.
- Depending on your comfort level, you can also send a small test amount first, which will incur an additional transaction fee but provide peace of mind.
- Send the transaction, choosing the desired network fee (higher fees result in faster processing).
- Once the transaction is broadcasted, you can exit your wallet.
By following these steps, you can successfully sell your Dogecoin on a cryptocurrency exchange.
Step 4: Selling Dogecoin
Now that your Dogecoin is in your exchange account, you can proceed with selling it. There are a few different methods available for selling DOGE through an exchange: market order or limit order. Keep in mind that you have the option to sell Dogecoin for fiat currency or other cryptocurrencies and tokens.
To access market and limit orders on a cryptocurrency exchange, you will need to navigate to either "spot trading," "trade," or "markets." While there may be other trading options aside from market and limit orders, these two are the most commonly used. When selling Dogecoin through spot trading, you can exchange it for fiat-pegged stablecoins or other digital assets.
- Market orders
- With a market order, Dogecoin is sold immediately at the current market price. Market orders have slightly higher fees compared to limit orders, but they are lower than instant sales. If you wish to sell your Dogecoin as quickly as possible at the current market price, a market order is the right choice for you.
- Limit orders
- With a limit order, Dogecoin is sold only if it reaches a specific price set by you. Limit orders have lower fees compared to market orders and are preferable if you want to sell Dogecoin at a particular price.
- Maker/taker fees
- These fees are charged when using spot trading.
- Maker fees are applied to individuals who add liquidity to the exchange by placing an order that is not already on the books.
- Taker fees are applied to individuals who take liquidity off the exchange by placing an order that already exists and is immediately fulfilled.
- Taker fees are incurred for market orders since the sale is immediate.
- Taker fees may also be charged for limit orders if the set price matches the market price.
- If you place a limit order for a price that does not match the current market price, it is considered a maker order and incurs lower fees.
- Some exchanges charge the same fees for both maker and taker trades.
If you opt for a market order, simply select the amount of DOGE you want to sell and confirm the order. If you choose a limit order, specify the amount of DOGE and the desired price. Then, wait for the order to be filled. You have the option to cancel your order at any time if it remains unfilled.
Withdrawing fiat currency
If you plan to sell Dogecoin through a platform that allows fiat currency withdrawals, it is important to check the available withdrawal methods. Some options may include:
- Bank transfer
- Credit/debit card
When selecting an exchange and withdrawal method, consider the following factors:
- Fees. Many platforms impose withdrawal fees, although not all. The fee amount typically varies depending on the chosen withdrawal method.
- Some exchanges offer the option to sell Dogecoin directly for fiat currency at the market price and deposit the funds into your chosen account.
- Limits. Are there any minimum or maximum limits on the amount you can transfer? How do these limits differ across withdrawal methods? Can you increase these limits by providing additional verification or identification?
- Processing times. How long does it take for your currency to arrive in your wallet or bank account? For instance, cash withdrawals are instant, while bank transfers can take several days to complete.
- Other restrictions. Some exchanges may require you to withdraw funds using the same payment method you used to make your deposit.
Factors to consider when selling
The optimal method for selling Dogecoin is subjective and depends on the individual investor's circumstances. What works well for one person may not be suitable for another. The key is to determine the most appropriate option for yourself by asking important questions:
- Are you interested in selling Dogecoin for fiat currency or another cryptocurrency?
- What is your desired timeframe for selling your Dogecoin?
- Are you open to accepting a price significantly below the market rate, or do you prefer to negotiate for the best possible price?
- If you choose to sell for fiat currency, what is your preferred method of receiving payment?
These inquiries will assist you in determining your preferred method of selling Dogecoin, and from there, you can identify the cryptocurrency platform that offers all the necessary features. When comparing different cryptocurrency exchanges, it is vital to consider the following factors:
- Pricing: How does the exchange rate compare to rates offered by other platforms?
- Fee structure: Compare any trading fees that are imposed and assess whether there are additional fees for withdrawing funds to your bank account or cryptocurrency wallet.
- Trading and withdrawal limits: Is there a restriction on the amount of Dogecoin you can sell or a cap on the amount of fiat currency you can withdraw from your account?
- Security measures: Are there any safeguards in place to protect your funds and personal data, such as two-factor authentication or a reputation system for buyers and sellers?
- Customer support: In the event of any issues with your transaction, how can you contact customer support? What are their available support hours?
- Reputation and reviews: Seek out online reviews and browse crypto forums to gather insight from other users regarding their recommendations for a specific exchange or trading platform.
- Other important factors to consider include the exchange's regulatory status and the accepted payment methods on peer-to-peer trading sites. For a comprehensive breakdown of the key features to look for, refer to Finder's guide to cryptocurrency exchanges and discover helpful tips on selecting the right platform.
Direct Spenders of DOGE
Dogecoin's popularity has led to acceptance by various retailers. Here are some notable companies that currently accept DOGE as a form of payment.
- Tesla (limited to merchandise)
- Dallas Mavericks
While there are numerous other retailers that accept DOGE, the aforementioned ones are considered the most reputable.
Commonly Asked Questions
When is the ideal time to sell my Dogecoin?
Where can I convert Dogecoin into cash?
You can convert Dogecoin into cash by utilizing a cryptocurrency exchange or broker.
Disclaimer: Cryptocurrencies are speculative, intricate, and carry significant risks. They exhibit high volatility and are sensitive to market fluctuations. Past performance does not guarantee future results, and performance can be unpredictable. Consider your individual circumstances and seek your own advice before relying on this information. Additionally, it is important to verify the nature and legal status of any product or service, as well as relevant regulatory requirements. Consult the websites of appropriate regulatory bodies before making any decisions. Finder and the author may hold cryptocurrencies that are mentioned in this text.
Are you interested in purchasing firearms in Ontario? In Canada, firearms can be classified into three categories:Non-restricted (e.g.: most modern hunting firearms, including rifles and shotguns)Restricted (e.g.: primarily handguns)ProhibitedTo legally obtain non-restricted firearms and ammunition in
The following regulations will take effect on January 1st, 2021 for existing members of the Esso Extra program who joined before October 6th, 2020. For new members who joined on or after October 6th, 2020, these rules will be effective immediately.The regulations outlined below pertain to the Esso
To make a call from a phone in Italy, simply dial 001 followed by your desired number. Many Americans feel apprehensive about dialing European phone numbers, but there's no need to worry. With the help of these guidelines and a comprehensive list of calling codes for Europe, the process becomes quite
If you have ordered an item from another country, you may have to pay shipping duties on your package. These duties are specific taxes and fees that are applied to your package by the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) and are usually paid through the shipping company. However, you might be wondering