Precision in Mail Addresses
Enhance the efficiency of your business by adhering to address guidelines for your mailings — this will prevent any delays or additional costs caused by extra processing.
Within this article, you will discover:
- Guidelines for placing addresses.
- Guidelines for placing graphics.
- The correct formats for addresses sent to Canadian, U.S., and international destinations.
Guidelines for placing addresses
Follow these addressing guidelines when using standard, large, or image-printed envelopes to ensure our processing equipment can easily scan your mail.
Guidelines for placing graphics
On a large envelope
Correct address formats
To avoid any unnecessary delays or charges, please comply with these addressing guidelines (visual examples will be provided later):
- Use capital letters for the STREET ADDRESS.
- Use capital letters for the POSTAL CODES and leave one space between the first 3 characters and the last 3 characters. (Please avoid hyphens as they can cause delays)
- On the same line, include the municipality, province or territory, and postal code.
- Place one space between the municipality and the province (or territory), and two spaces between the province (or territory) and the postal code.
- Avoid using punctuation marks unless they are part of a proper name, such as ST. JOHN'S.
- Format the return address in the same manner as the destination address. Place it in the top-left corner of the envelope or package, or on the back at the top.
Canadian civic addresses
Addresses in the United States
*Ensure the country name is spelled correctly to allow our processing equipment to read it.
Make sure the name of the country appears alone and is the final entry in the address block below the city name and postal code/zip code. Spell the country name in full and capitalize all letters (e.g., write UNITED KINGDOM and not UK).
These illustrated examples provide comprehensive explanations and useful tools for correctly formatting various types of addresses.
Symbols and abbreviations
Ensure that your addresses are of sufficient brevity to adhere to the guidelines for machine processing by incorporating abbreviations. Discover the officially endorsed abbreviated versions from Canada Post for:
Precise and concise addresses not only aid in the reduction of expenses by eliminating the need for redelivery and additional handling, but they also play a pivotal role in diminishing the environmental impact of your delivery operations.
Are you interested in purchasing firearms in Ontario? In Canada, firearms can be classified into three categories:Non-restricted (e.g.: most modern hunting firearms, including rifles and shotguns)Restricted (e.g.: primarily handguns)ProhibitedTo legally obtain non-restricted firearms and ammunition in
The following regulations will take effect on January 1st, 2021 for existing members of the Esso Extra program who joined before October 6th, 2020. For new members who joined on or after October 6th, 2020, these rules will be effective immediately.The regulations outlined below pertain to the Esso
To make a call from a phone in Italy, simply dial 001 followed by your desired number. Many Americans feel apprehensive about dialing European phone numbers, but there's no need to worry. With the help of these guidelines and a comprehensive list of calling codes for Europe, the process becomes quite
If you have ordered an item from another country, you may have to pay shipping duties on your package. These duties are specific taxes and fees that are applied to your package by the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) and are usually paid through the shipping company. However, you might be wondering