Obtain a new health insurance card
Find out what you need to know about renewing your Ontario health card. To be eligible for OHIP benefits in Ontario, you must present a valid card.
Health card renewal is now possible online.
It is possible to renew your Ontario health card online by presenting a valid driver's license as proof of identity and current Ontario residency. If your driver's license is also due for renewal, you can take care of that business at the same time.
Your health care card may be renewed online if you are eligible.
Be sure you have:
- current medical identification card
- driver's license that is currently valid (not revoked, suspended, or expired).
- a credit or debit card (Visa, Mastercard, or Interac® Online) for the renewal fee (if you're also renewing your driver's license).
- equipment for printing out short-term records
Submit a valid driver's license for renewal.
Please remember to get the temporary document(s) from the website, print them out, and keep them on you at all times.
Renew with your Ontario Identification Card photo.
An Ontario Photo Card is required to renew your health card online.
The renewal of your health care card may be done online if you first verify your eligibility.
Be sure you have:
- current copy of your medical insurance card
- your valid (not canceled) Ontario photo ID card at the moment.
- printing equipment for your makeshift document
Validate your Ontario Photo Card renewal online.
Keep in mind that you must save the temporary document to your computer, print it out, and keep it on you at all times.
Get on the list for electronic prompts
Do not lose track of your renewal date.
If you'd like to be notified via email, text message, or phone call when it's time to renew your health card, you can do so for free here.
Take the following with you to the center:
If your Ontario health card is already expired and/or you have been out of the province for more than 7 months in the last 12-month period, you may be asked to provide additional documentation to prove Ontario is your primary place of residence.
Seek out a ServiceOntario location near you.
It's possible that you could schedule a visit in advance.
Incomplete signatures or those that include "add-on statements" or illustrations will not be honored. Your new health card will not be issued until your signature is verified as valid.
Add-ons like the ones listed below are not permitted.
- Hereby I attest to the accuracy of the following..."
- Lacking bias,..."
- "No license granted pursuant to..."
- "Land Liberator"
- Members of a "Sovereign Citizenry"
It costs nothing to renew an Ontario health card.
In about four to six weeks, we'll send you a freshly renewed card in the mail.
It is possible to renew your child's health card by mail if they are under the age of 15 and 12. Your next steps will be outlined in the renewal notice you recently received in the mail.
Personal Renewal is Required
Please bring three original documents from the Ontario Health Coverage Document List if your child's renewal notice instructs you to do so:
- new evidence of your child's citizenship or immigration status (like an Ontario birth certificate).
- one to show proof of Ontario residency (like a driver's license)
- an identifying one (like a credit card)
A full inventory of all acceptable documentation is provided below.
Please keep in mind that your kid can be left at home.
Neglected to Remind Renewing
Reprints of the renewal form can be printed if you've misplaced the original.
Send a replacement copy of the form in a plain envelope to the following address if your original return envelope was misplaced:
PO Box 48
K7L 5J3 Kingston, Ontario
If you are over 15 and a half years old, you must renew your Ontario health card in person.
Those interested in Ontario health coverage should bring in two original documents to a ServiceOntario location, including:
- one to show that you're a legal resident of Ontario (like a driver's license from that province).
- one that can be used to establish your identity (like a credit card)
The most up-to-date proof of Canadian citizenship or immigration status, if any, must also be presented when updating a Canadian health care card.
Health insurance card renewals are typically handled through the mail. If this choice is still open to you, the renewal notice will let you know what to do next.
In-Person Renewal is Preferred.
Those whose renewal notices instruct them to do so must do so in person at a ServiceOntario location.
Please bring in two originals, selected from the following Ontario Health Coverage Document List items:
- one to show that you are a legal resident of Ontario (like a driver's license).
- something to establish your identity (like a credit card).
Also, remember to bring your most up-to-date proof of Canadian citizenship or immigration status if it has changed since you last renewed your health card.
Absent a nagging reminder to renew
Reprints of the renewal form can be printed if you've misplaced your original.
You may also send a replacement copy of the form in a plain envelope if the original return envelope is misplaced.
PO Box 48
Postal Code: K7L 5J3 Kingston, Ontario
ServiceOntario will send your new health card and original documents via mail once your renewal has been processed.
Mail-in health card renewals for people with medical exemptions can be learned about by calling ServiceOntario.
Test of virtual consultations
To renew health cards, ServiceOntario has launched a new virtual appointment service.
To avoid having to travel to a ServiceOntario location, you can now schedule a "virtual appointment" to renew your health card over the phone or online.
If you want to renew your health card from the comfort of your own home, you can schedule a virtual appointment by calling ServiceOntario.
- get a health card without a photo or signature if you can't be bothered to have those things taken, or
- If you're 80 or older when your health insurance card expires, you'll be eligible for a replacement.
Inquire About Modifications For People With Disabilities
Accessibility to our services is a top priority for ServiceOntario.
Two or three days before your scheduled arrival, please let us know what kind of assistance you'll need. To determine the best form of assistance for you, we will consult with you. A sign language interpreter is one example.
If you need to get in touch with us, you can either give us a call or shoot us an email.
- For free assistance, dial (866)532-3161.
- You can call us at no cost to you at 1-800-387-5559 if you use a text telephone.
If you fall into one of the following categories, you must visit a ServiceOntario location to have your picture taken:
- A new white and red health card is being issued to you.
- This picture is at least 10 years old.
- Today, you celebrate your 16th birthday.
- You've decided to renew by visiting the office in person.
- Incorporating a new moniker into your identity
- Mail from ServiceOntario has arrived with an important notice for you.
- Find out what to do if your health card is lost, stolen, or damaged so you can get a new one.
If you meet the following criteria, you may be able to renew your health card online:
- an official Ontario Health Card with a photograph
- expires on or after December 1, 2019, or expires within the next 90 days, and
- photographs and signatures are current
- maintains a current mailing address on file with ServiceOntario
- Within the first ninety days of submitting a change of address through ServiceOntario, you will be unable to renew your health card online.
- proof of identity and eligibility to operate a motor vehicle in the form of a current, valid driver's license
- lacks a pause, cancellation, or end date
- doesn't need to be tested
- pictures and signatures are current
- current mailing address on file with ServiceOntario
- or a current, uncanceled Ontario Photo Card
You must renew your health card in person at a ServiceOntario location and provide a new photo if you are between the ages of 75 and 80. Mail renewal of a health care card is an option for those 80 and up. Researching the renewal processes for health cards and driver's licenses for people over the age of 80 is a good idea.
Are you interested in purchasing firearms in Ontario? In Canada, firearms can be classified into three categories:Non-restricted (e.g.: most modern hunting firearms, including rifles and shotguns)Restricted (e.g.: primarily handguns)ProhibitedTo legally obtain non-restricted firearms and ammunition in
The following regulations will take effect on January 1st, 2021 for existing members of the Esso Extra program who joined before October 6th, 2020. For new members who joined on or after October 6th, 2020, these rules will be effective immediately.The regulations outlined below pertain to the Esso
To make a call from a phone in Italy, simply dial 001 followed by your desired number. Many Americans feel apprehensive about dialing European phone numbers, but there's no need to worry. With the help of these guidelines and a comprehensive list of calling codes for Europe, the process becomes quite
If you have ordered an item from another country, you may have to pay shipping duties on your package. These duties are specific taxes and fees that are applied to your package by the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) and are usually paid through the shipping company. However, you might be wondering