Has my phone been unlocked yet?
Ever wondered if your Koodo mobile phone has been unlocked? You can easily check by inserting a SIM card from another carrier. If there is no notification and you are able to connect to a different network, then congratulations! It means your phone is already unlocked.
Curious how it got unlocked? Well, that's because all phones sold in Canada since December 2017 are sold already unlocked.
No need to panic! If you insert a SIM card from another carrier and the device asks for an unlock code or shows a "SIM Not Supported" message, you can easily unlock it online, and for free, through the Self Serve option.
Before you start the unlocking process, you will need your serial number, also known as the IMEI. Here are a few methods to find it:
- Dial *#06# and if it works, your IMEI will appear.
- Alternatively, check the SIM card tray or the original box for your IMEI number.
- If you can remove the phone's battery, look for a white label underneath it with a number.
Now, let's move on to the steps for unlocking your phone online:
1. Log in to Self Serve.
2. From the Self Serve dropdown menu, choose "Mobile services."
3. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click "Unlock your phone."
4. Enter the required information and submit the request.
What comes next?
- If you have an Android phone, we will provide you with the unlock code and send a confirmation email containing the code. Your phone will prompt you to enter the code once you insert a SIM card from another carrier. Note: Be careful when entering the code, as you only have a few attempts to get it right.
- If you have an iPhone, we will submit the unlock request on your behalf to Apple. You will need to insert a SIM card from another carrier or connect to iTunes to complete the unlock process. We'll send you a confirmation email.
Additional messages you may encounter:
- Your phone is already unlocked and good to go.
- If you have an iOS device, please wait 5 to 10 minutes as Apple processes your unlock request.
There may be instances where you encounter an error message. Should that occur, there is a high likelihood that your phone is already unlocked. To confirm, try inserting a SIM card from another carrier to see if you can connect to the network. If you are still unable to connect, kindly send us a private message on Facebook, providing your phone model and IMEI.
Attention! It is important to note that we are unable to unlock phones that fall under the following categories:
- Phones that have been suspended due to being lost or stolen.
- Phones that have been blacklisted.
- Phones from carriers other than Koodo or Telus.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why would I need to unlock my phone?
The most common reason for unlocking an older phone is if you intend to gift, sell, or use it while traveling. Psst! Why not enhance the gift by referring a friend to Koodo? By doing so, both of you can receive a credit on your account. Find out more about our referral program here: koodo.com/refer
Do I need to unlock my phone if I'm going on vacation?
Only if you wish to use a local number! If you plan to use your Koodo number in the United States or internationally, you have the option to sign up for Easy Roam or utilize pay-per-use rates for using your phone abroad.
I'm considering leaving Koodo. Do I need to unlock my phone?
In most cases, your phone is already unlocked and can be used with any carrier. However, please bear in mind that if you cancel your account before your Tab and/or Tab Bonus balance is paid off, you will be charged the remaining balance (Tab and/or Tab Bonus) on your next bill. Before bidding us farewell, we kindly remind you that there are numerous enticing offers available for you in Self Serve! Take a look to find the perfect plan for you. If you're still considering cancellation, check out this informative page that answers all your queries.
Are you interested in purchasing firearms in Ontario? In Canada, firearms can be classified into three categories:Non-restricted (e.g.: most modern hunting firearms, including rifles and shotguns)Restricted (e.g.: primarily handguns)ProhibitedTo legally obtain non-restricted firearms and ammunition in
The following regulations will take effect on January 1st, 2021 for existing members of the Esso Extra program who joined before October 6th, 2020. For new members who joined on or after October 6th, 2020, these rules will be effective immediately.The regulations outlined below pertain to the Esso
To make a call from a phone in Italy, simply dial 001 followed by your desired number. Many Americans feel apprehensive about dialing European phone numbers, but there's no need to worry. With the help of these guidelines and a comprehensive list of calling codes for Europe, the process becomes quite
If you have ordered an item from another country, you may have to pay shipping duties on your package. These duties are specific taxes and fees that are applied to your package by the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) and are usually paid through the shipping company. However, you might be wondering