From "101 Cooking for Two," instructions for grilling a ribeye steak over gas flames.
Ribeye steak, when grilled, is the ideal steak for a celebration. This easy-to-follow photo guide will teach you how to grill a ribeye steak on a gas grill so that it is tender and juicy every time. This recipe for grilled ribeye steak will make you the grill master in no time.
- The perfect steak for any celebratory meal or unexpected treat.
- Ribeye steaks are particularly simple to grill to perfection on a gas grill.
- Bigger than filets, for those with a hearty appetite
- Ribeyes are renowned for their tender, flavorful marbling.
- They taste just like prime rib, but with less fat and more flavor thanks to a fantastic Maillard reaction.
- Simple seasonings will take it from good to great.
Tips for grilling the perfect ribeye steak
- Slice and dice potatoes Allow to cool to room temperature before seasoning.
- Get the temperature of the grill up to between 450 and 500 degrees.
- Grill the steaks for a total of 12 minutes, or until an instant-read thermometer registers 140°F (or 145°C), for medium-rare.
- Take out, cover with foil, and let stand for 5-10 minutes.
Cooking a ribeye steak to medium, with a pink but firm interior temperature of 140 to 145 degrees Fahrenheit, takes about 12 minutes on a 450-degree grill. Ten minutes is about right for steaks that are an inch thick.
There are many factors to consider when grilling, such as the size and thickness of the steaks, the temperature of the meat after it has rested at room temperature, and the grill itself.
- Grilling time for a rare-cold red center (125°-130°) is roughly 6-8 minutes. Please note the warning that follows.
- 9–10 minutes total grill time for medium rare (130–135 degrees) or warm red throughout.
- Grill for a total of 10-14 minutes for a medium-pink, firm temperature (140°-150°).
- Grilling time for medium well to medium (150°-155°) is about 13-16 minutes.
- For a well-done (160°) steak, plan on spending at least 15 minutes at the grill.
Having both an instant-read meat thermometer and a grill surface thermometer is essential for properly cooked steaks.
Cooking times are estimates and will vary depending on the cut, the grill temperature, and the amount of rest time. Allow for a 2°C to 4°C temperature rise after removing from the grill and cooking to the desired internal temperature.
Be cautious if you like your steaks rare.
Rare is difficult to hit effectively. Reduce the time you grill the first side from six to four minutes, and keep a close eye on it while checking the internal temperature with a thermometer. Keep in mind that additional cooking time can be added at a later time, but a steak cannot be uncooked.
Ribeye Steak: The Facts
Ribeye steak is similar to a prime rib roast slice. It can be ordered with or without ribs. It's the same cut of meat, but the bone-in variety is sometimes called prime rib steak. The boneless variety is extremely popular.
Fotolia image used with permission on May 16, 2017 Fotolia copyright by foxysgraphic The image was altered to comply with the terms of the license.
If you care about quality, you should only buy prime or choice products. Don't waste your money on subpar or ungraded ribeye steak.
Ribeye Steak Seasoning
You can season it with whatever you like, but salt and pepper go with everything. My 7:2:1 and 7:2:2 All-Purpose Seasoning, to which we plan to add garlic, is what we have in mind. Be careful not to oversalt your food. You can always add on, but you can never take away.
- If there is excess fat that can be trimmed from the perimeter, do so. It doesn't improve the flavor and can cause a fire hazard if it melts.
- When seasoning, timing is everything. Unless you're going to cook the meat for an hour or more, you shouldn't salt it for more than a few minutes. Between those times, it will extract moisture from the meat fibers without giving them a chance to replace the lost moisture.
- Do not skip bringing the food to room temperature before cooking, or else the cooking time will increase dramatically and the outside will be overcooked before the inside reaches the desired temperature.
- Halfway through grilling on each side, turn the meat 90 degrees to create crisscross marks.
- Resting after cooking is essential. Because the meat fibers can reabsorb moisture, the steak stays tender and juicy.
- Steak sauce and marinades are not permitted.
Cowboy steaks, which are bone-in ribeye steaks, are typically large and thick (anywhere from 18 to 32 ounces). each Tomahawk steaks, another name for cowboy steaks, are the most well-known. Tomahawk steaks are thick, so they need to be seared over high heat and then finished off on the grill with indirect heat. Cowboy steaks are not suitable for cooking in an oven.
You can use this method to cook a bone-in ribeye that is 12-16 ounces in weight and no more than 1.5 inches in thickness, but it will take a few minutes longer because the bone will absorb some of the heat.
You can use a charcoal grill, but you'll need to master the art of maintaining a consistent cooking temperature by adjusting the vents and coal placement.
Tips for Complementing Grilled Ribeye Steaks
Though the steaks are delicious, remember that butter is a universally good addition. Use Blue Cheese and Garlic Compound Butter or a pat of butter as a topping.
We can't get enough of potato-based side dishes like baked potatoes, roasted potatoes, baked potatoes with cheese, and twice-baked potatoes.
You can easily round out your meal by adding a fresh salad or vegetables like broccoli, asparagus, or green beans.
We'll serve the strip steaks with a selection of fine wines, including Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, and Pinot Noir.
Finally, we don't recommend any steak marinades or sauces.
Uses for the rest of the meal
Keep leftovers in the fridge for up to 4 days in a sealed container.
My go-to way to enjoy leftover steak is to slice it up and put it on a salad. To reheat, however, all you need is a dash of oil and some medium heat in a skillet.
Recipes for Steak
Tips for Grilling a Filet Mignon Over Gas Flames
Strip Steak, Pan-Seared and Oven-Roasted
Gas Grilling Techniques for a Strip Steak
A Step-by-Step Guide to Grilling the Perfect T-Bone or Porterhouse Steak
Filet Mignon, Roasted and Finished in the Pan
You can find this dish in these collections: For more recipes like this, check out
Prime or choice ribeye steaks are a good place to begin. Personally, I favor 12-16 ounce, 1-1/4 inch thick each Resting the steaks at room temperature for 30 minutes is a crucial step. This increases the meat's temperature, making it much simpler to achieve the desired internal temperature.
Grill to medium-high heat (between 450 and 500 degrees Fahrenheit) while the steaks rest. Grill grates should be oiled and cleaned before use.
Get rid of as much excess fat as possible if you find it.
Before throwing the steaks on the grill, season them however you like. We use our own 7:2:2 seasoning, which includes garlic powder, but some Kosher salt and pepper would also do.
Grill up some steaks. Put the lid down For 6 minutes, cook the first side. To get those attractive crossed grill marks, turn the meat over halfway through cooking. Turn over and continue cooking until the meat reaches the desired doneness. Internal temperatures of 140°F to 145°F can be reached in a total of about 12 minutes.
Take out and set aside for at least 5 minutes. A lightweight aluminum tent would work well here.
From Professor Dr. Dan Mikesell
Ribeye steak, when grilled, is the ideal steak for a celebration. These easy, step-by-step photo instructions will teach you how to grill a ribeye steak on a gas grill so that it is tender and juicy every time. This recipe for grilled ribeye steak will make you the grill master in no time.Rate this: Tap to rate this:
Number of Servings/Variable 2
Cook Mode Avoid having your computer's display go black.
- Prepare ribeye steaks, preferably prime or choice. Personally, I favor 12-16 ounce, 1-1/4 inch thick each Steaks should be allowed to rest at room temperature for 30 minutes, which is a crucial step. Because of the increase in meat temperature, it's much simpler to achieve the ideal cooking time.
- Grill to medium-high heat (between 450 and 500 degrees Fahrenheit) while the steaks rest. The grill grates should be oiled and cleaned before use.
- If there is excess fat that can be cut away, do so.
- Season the steaks with whatever you like, and do it right before you throw them on the grill. We use a homemade 7:2:2 seasoning that also includes garlic powder, but Kosher salt and pepper will do in a pinch.
- Fire up the grill for the steaks. Put the lid down For 6 minutes, cook the first side. To get those attractive crossed grill marks, turn the meat over halfway through cooking. Turn over and continue cooking until the meat reaches the desired doneness. Time required to reach an internal temperature of 140°-145° is approximately 12 minutes.
- Take out and put it down for a minimum of ten minutes of rest. A lightweight aluminum tent would work well here.
- Before grilling, let the steak rest at room temperature for 20 to 30 minutes. If you don't, the steak will take longer to cook, and you risk burning the outside.
- Prepare flavors right before throwing on the grill.
- Grill at an intermediate temperature of 450 degrees. These can overcook rapidly at a high grill temperature.
- Ten minutes of cooling time is recommended after cooking.
- Do not rely solely on a timer when cooking. Use an instant-read thermometer in addition to the provided times for accurate results. Don't take a chance on your expensive meat being ruined by guessing.
- WARNING: It's easy to "overcook" when you're trying for rare. Keep in mind that removing it from the grill will cause a slight increase in internal temperature. Keep in mind that you can always cook it longer later, but a steak can never be uncooked if it is overcooked.
This recipe card allows you to modify the serving size. It calculates the proportions of the ingredients for you. On the other hand, it does not change the instructions' wording. You'll have to take care of it by yourself.
Unless otherwise specified, servings are what I consider to be a typical size. The recipe's serving size is indicated up top. With home cooking, there are always surprises. Estimates are all that can be made about a food's nutritional value. In my opinion, salt is the most commonly used ingredient for flavoring food.
One-Half of a Baker's Dozen, L.L.C. We, or our suppliers, own all copyrights to all content and images. Please note that it is a violation of our copyright for you to copy, paste, or duplicate any of our recipes in their entirety and share them on any form of social media, website, or electronic/printed media.
Ahead of its Original Release on June 23, 2018 Enhanced with new features, current imagery, and a readily accessible table of contents.
Are you interested in purchasing firearms in Ontario? In Canada, firearms can be classified into three categories:Non-restricted (e.g.: most modern hunting firearms, including rifles and shotguns)Restricted (e.g.: primarily handguns)ProhibitedTo legally obtain non-restricted firearms and ammunition in
The following regulations will take effect on January 1st, 2021 for existing members of the Esso Extra program who joined before October 6th, 2020. For new members who joined on or after October 6th, 2020, these rules will be effective immediately.The regulations outlined below pertain to the Esso
To make a call from a phone in Italy, simply dial 001 followed by your desired number. Many Americans feel apprehensive about dialing European phone numbers, but there's no need to worry. With the help of these guidelines and a comprehensive list of calling codes for Europe, the process becomes quite
If you have ordered an item from another country, you may have to pay shipping duties on your package. These duties are specific taxes and fees that are applied to your package by the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) and are usually paid through the shipping company. However, you might be wondering
Explore useful tips about everything around you and together improve your life with Acornhunt.com!
Acornhunt.com - since 2022
Gen in 0.1019 secs