Essential Information on Face Masks Embedded with Graphene
At The Canadian Shield, our commitment lies in providing our valued customers with transparent and up-to-date information to aid them in making well-informed choices when purchasing our products.
As you may have come across in recent news, Health Canada has issued a cautionary notification urging Canadians to refrain from using face masks that contain graphene or biographene, as they pose potential risks associated with inhaling graphene particles. After undergoing a preliminary assessment, it has been observed that graphene particles may potentially cause early lung toxicity in animals. This advisory was prompted by the distribution of face masks containing graphene, which were manufactured overseas, in Quebec schools.
Rest assured, The Canadian Shield Face Masks are not affected by this advisory and do not contain any form of graphene. This assurance extends to both our Medical-Grade Procedural Masks as well as our Semi-Reusable Face Masks.
As one of the leading manufacturers of personal protective equipment in Canada, we place the utmost importance on equipping our customers with reliable, safe, and top-quality products.
What You Should be Aware of
Here are some crucial details regarding graphene in face masks:
- Graphene or biographene is a novel nanomaterial composed of minuscule particles.
- In recent times, the medical mask manufacturing industry has utilized this additive in an attempt to confer antiviral or antibacterial properties to face masks.
- Antiviral or antibacterial masks are primarily made with a material additive designed to eliminate viruses or bacteria upon contact.
- This graphene additive can be layered onto the polypropylene material used in the production of face masks, resulting in a black or grey coloring.
- For more information on identifying whether your face masks contain graphene and how to report such products, please click here.
What You Should Know about The Canadian Shield Face Masks:
- All of our polypropylene face masks, including Level 1, 2, and 3 masks, as well as the Semi-Reusable masks, are free from graphene.
- Our masks consist of three layers: two outer layers of spunbond polypropylene and a middle filtration layer of meltblown polypropylene.
- Our face masks do not contain any additives to confer antiviral or antibacterial properties.
- We have subjected our face masks to thorough testing by accredited and certified laboratories to ensure compliance with ASTM F2100 requirements for medical-grade face masks at Level 1, Level 2, and Level 3.
- All our face masks are proudly manufactured in Canada at our facility in Waterloo, Ontario.
- We have implemented a rigorous vetting process for our vendors to ensure that we source our materials from reliable and accredited suppliers.
- Our in-house testing capabilities enable us to conduct comprehensive quality checks on all incoming materials before they enter the production phase.
- By utilizing state-of-the-art technology in the form of our advanced machine vision and AI systems, we have revolutionized our quality assurance production processes.
- If you would like to explore our virtual store and acquire face masks that are free from graphene, kindly proceed to our online portal.
The Merits of Purchasing Canadian-Made Medical-Grade Masks
Opting for medical-grade masks that are proudly manufactured in Canada is an enlightened decision benefiting both yourself and fellow Canadians. When you invest in masks crafted by renowned producers and subjected to rigorous ASTM testing, you are acquiring a superior and trustworthy piece of personal protective equipment (PPE) that embodies Canadian excellence.
Moreover, procuring masks directly from Canadian manufacturers lends direct support to local enterprises, workers, and industries.
The domestic production of medical-grade masks in Canada allows for unparallelled oversight, ensuring nothing short of the finest quality products reach the market. The Canadian Shield takes great pride in upholding the industry's most stringent quality standards.
Are you interested in purchasing firearms in Ontario? In Canada, firearms can be classified into three categories:Non-restricted (e.g.: most modern hunting firearms, including rifles and shotguns)Restricted (e.g.: primarily handguns)ProhibitedTo legally obtain non-restricted firearms and ammunition in
The following regulations will take effect on January 1st, 2021 for existing members of the Esso Extra program who joined before October 6th, 2020. For new members who joined on or after October 6th, 2020, these rules will be effective immediately.The regulations outlined below pertain to the Esso
To make a call from a phone in Italy, simply dial 001 followed by your desired number. Many Americans feel apprehensive about dialing European phone numbers, but there's no need to worry. With the help of these guidelines and a comprehensive list of calling codes for Europe, the process becomes quite
If you have ordered an item from another country, you may have to pay shipping duties on your package. These duties are specific taxes and fees that are applied to your package by the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) and are usually paid through the shipping company. However, you might be wondering