Ensuring Precise Mail Delivery
Enhance your business by adhering to address guidelines on your mailings — this will prevent any delays or additional expenses caused by excessive processing.
Within this article, you will discover:
- Guidelines for positioning addresses.
- Guidelines for placing graphics.
- Accurate address formats for Canadian, U.S., and international destinations.
Guidelines for positioning addresses
Employ these addressing recommendations for standard, large, and image-printed envelopes, ensuring that our processing equipment can scan your mail efficiently.
Guidelines for placing graphics
On a large envelope
Accurate address formats
To steer clear of unwarranted delays or additional charges, abide by these addressing guidelines (visual examples provided):
- Utilize CAPITAL LETTERS when writing the STREET ADDRESS.
- Employ UPPERCASE LETTERS for POSTAL CODES and separate the initial 3 characters from the final 3 characters with a single space. (Please refrain from using hyphens as they can lead to delays)
- Place the municipality, province or territory, and postal code on the same line.
- Use a single space to separate the municipality from the province (or territory) and two spaces to separate the province (or territory) from the postal code.
- Avoid punctuations unless they form a component of a proper name, for instance, ST. JOHN'S.
- Format the return address in the same manner as the destination address and position it in the top-left corner of the envelope or package (or at the top on the back of the item).
Canadian civic addresses
United States addresses
*Ensure the country name is spelled correctly for our processing equipment to comprehend.
Position the name of the country alone as the final entry in the address block below the city name and postal code/zip code. Spell the country name entirely, using capital letters (e.g.: write UNITED KINGDOM instead of UK).
These illustrated instances provide comprehensive explanations and useful tools for formatting other address types correctly.
Symbols and abbreviations
Ensure that your addresses remain concise in length in order to comply with the machineable guidelines. Accomplish this by incorporating abbreviations. Discover the approved abbreviated forms by Canada Post for:
Efficient addresses not only aid in cost reduction by eliminating redelivery and unnecessary handling, but they also contribute to the mitigation of your delivery's carbon footprint.
Are you interested in purchasing firearms in Ontario? In Canada, firearms can be classified into three categories:Non-restricted (e.g.: most modern hunting firearms, including rifles and shotguns)Restricted (e.g.: primarily handguns)ProhibitedTo legally obtain non-restricted firearms and ammunition in
The following regulations will take effect on January 1st, 2021 for existing members of the Esso Extra program who joined before October 6th, 2020. For new members who joined on or after October 6th, 2020, these rules will be effective immediately.The regulations outlined below pertain to the Esso
To make a call from a phone in Italy, simply dial 001 followed by your desired number. Many Americans feel apprehensive about dialing European phone numbers, but there's no need to worry. With the help of these guidelines and a comprehensive list of calling codes for Europe, the process becomes quite
If you have ordered an item from another country, you may have to pay shipping duties on your package. These duties are specific taxes and fees that are applied to your package by the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) and are usually paid through the shipping company. However, you might be wondering