Crispy Grilled Potatoes.
The correct response to the question "What should we grill to accompany [insert meal idea here]?" potatoes on the grill tonight, tomorrow, and the rest of the summer
Save this dish for later by pinning it on Pinterest.
These potatoes take all the best parts of a hot pan of Oven Roasted Potatoes, with their golden crisp exterior and creamy interior, and add the smokiness of the grill.
That is to say, they have a fantastic flavor.
Furthermore, we get to cook them outside, and in the summer, nothing beats the flavor of food cooked on the grill. Corn on the cob and eggplant on the grill can settle their differences. In any case,
Please don't worry if you don't have a grill.
There's no way to replicate the smoky flavor of the grill in these potatoes, but I have a trick for grilling them in the oven that comes pretty close.
Take a few potatoes C'mon, let's throw some potatoes on the grill.
Making Grilled Potatoes in Aluminum Foil
The recipe's simplicity and reliability come from grilling the potatoes in foil packets.
- The salmon is grilled in foil to keep in moisture and the steam while it cooks, and the same principle is used to make foil-wrapped potatoes extra tender on the grill.
- The grill gives the exteriors a golden brown and crisp texture. Each time I buy them, I make sure to choose the freshest ones.
Grilling almost any variety of potato and seasoning it to taste is a breeze.
Herbs and Parmesan are our go-to, but good ol' salt and pepper never fails to impress.
Having your potato grilled is a nutritious alternative to frying it. Despite their poor rep, potatoes are actually quite nutritious. They are a good source of magnesium, copper, and fiber. The way potatoes are cooked is what makes them unhealthy.
Instead of deep-frying, try these grilled potatoes, baked French fries, air-fried French fries, oven-roasted fingerling potatoes, or any of the other methods you can think of.
A Look at the Components
- Potatoes Grilled potato slices (for larger potatoes) or halves/quarters (for smaller potatoes) can be made with this recipe.
Although any potato will do, Yukon golds, red potatoes, and new potatoes are some of the best due to their thin skins and waxy flesh that hold up well on the grill.
Yukon gold baby potatoes are my top choice for any grilling situation. They're perfect for barbecues because of how quickly they cook, how well they hold up on the grill, and how buttery they taste and feel.
- To make grilled potato slices, slice potatoes that are at least the size of a golf ball into 1/2-inch thick rounds.
- For potatoes of golf-ball size or less, halving or quartering is appropriate.
You can also prepare russet potatoes on the grill. Potatoes should be sliced to a thickness of a quarter inch and grilled as directed.
- Olive Oil Crucial for both flavor and texture when grilling roasted potatoes.
- Seasonings My go-to seasoning combination for garlic herb potatoes includes dried rosemary, oregano, garlic powder, and salt and pepper to taste. BBQ potatoes can be seasoned in any way you like. (These Grilled Cauliflower Steaks with Lemon and Garlic would be delicious with any flavorful lemon and garlic marinade. )
Salt is a necessary ingredient for potatoes. Before placing the potatoes on the grill and again right before serving, season them with kosher salt.
- Potatoes should be tossed in oil, herbs, and seasoning.
- Make a large work area on a baking sheet by doubling up on sheets of foil. Evenly distribute the potatoes on a baking sheet.
- Create a packet by closing the foil around the potatoes (use more foil if necessary).
- To grill the potatoes, start by placing the pack on the grill and closing the lid. Next, once the potatoes have reached the desired doneness, open the packet and turn them over.
Instead of grilling potato slices, you can grill whole potatoes, but unless they are very small (smaller than a golf ball), you will need to precook them first to ensure they become tender.
- Olive oil and salt should be rubbed onto the potatoes. Use a fork to make holes all over the body.
- Microwave for 5 minutes on high, turning once.
- When the potatoes are tender when pierced with a skewer, they are done. To get to this point, wrap in two layers of foil and grill with the lid closed for 30 to 40 minutes.
Want to find some grilled potato wedges Try these grilled sweet potatoes if you need some ideas.
Guidelines for Putting Things Away
- To Store You can store any extra grilled potatoes for up to five days in the refrigerator.
- To Reheat To reheat, bake at 350 degrees F for about an hour.
- To Freeze Potatoes can become mealy once thawed, so I wouldn't recommend freezing them.
Check out the menus
Equipment Suggested for Preparation of this Dish
Grilled vegetables (and other foods) benefit greatly from the long length, which makes it easier to flip the food over. smoothly and without incident
Respond to this with your thoughts.
Let me know how you liked the recipe by rating it and leaving a comment below.
You can go with me anywhere, crispy grilled potatoes, and that includes having seconds.
- 1 1/2 pounds red potato new potatoes equivalent to baby gold potatoes
- 1 teaspoon rosemary, dried
- 1 teaspoon Garlic salt
- 3/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Pepper, ground black
- 1/4 teaspoon drier than dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons 100% Pure Olive Oil
- Shredded Parmesan permissive of serving but not requiring
- Finely diced fresh herbs like parsley You can serve it with or without rosemary or basil.
- Potatoes should be washed and dried (no peeling is necessary). Make 1/2-inch-thick slices lengthwise (or smaller if your potatoes are smaller than a golf ball). Put in a very big bowl.
- Mix the oregano, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and rosemary in a tiny bowl.
- Oil the potatoes and then season them with the herbs and spices. Shake until well-coated
- Get the grill hot (between 375 and 400 degrees F).
- In order to make a wider sheet, lay out two large (about 22 to 24 inches long) sheets of heavy-duty foil on a large baking sheet (you'll use the baking sheet for easy transport). Use a spray-on non-stick coating. The potatoes should be spread out in a single layer on the foil (you can use parchment paper to prevent the food from touching the foil if you like). Cover it with another double layer of foil and fold the edges in to make a packet. Make sure there is some headroom at the top of the package for ventilation.
- Transport the potatoes to the grill on the baking sheet; use tongs to transfer the packet to the grill grates. Cook for 15 minutes covered.
- Carefully remove the foil and turn the potatoes with tongs. The first side should be deeply golden (if not, keep cooking for another 3–5 minutes). When the potatoes are fork-tender, return the foil to the grill and cook for another 5-10 minutes with the lid closed.
- Reposition the potato packet on the baking sheet and serve it in a bowl or directly from the foil if desired. Serve hot, garnished with grated Parmesan and fresh herbs.
- OVEN-GRILLING AS AN ADJECTIVE Start by preheating your oven to 400 degrees F. For 20 minutes, place the potatoes directly on the oven rack. Take them out of the oven and place the packet on a baking sheet. The slices can be flipped over by carefully opening the foil packet and placing the sheet back into the oven with the foil still open. After an additional 10 to 15 minutes, the potatoes should be golden and tender.
- TO STORE For up to 5 days, store any extra grilled potatoes in the fridge.
- TO REHEAT Simply reheat at 350 degrees Fahrenheit until hot and bubbly in the oven.
- TO FREEZE Potatoes turn mealy when frozen and thawed, so I wouldn't suggest doing that.
In order to save your current projects and tutorials, you must first create an account.Register
Among the best (and tastiest) ways to prepare vegetables is on the grill. an addition to the main dish
Check out the menus
For my part, I'm eager to observe
To participate, simply follow @wellplated on Instagram, take a photo, and use the hashtag #wellplated. What you are cooking up is always fascinating to me.
Some of the links in this post are affiliate links, which means that if you make a purchase after clicking on my link, I will receive a small commission at no extra cost to you.
Hello, my name is Erin Clarke, and I am completely committed to feeding the world delicious, nutritious, and inexpensive meals. Here at wellplated, I write and create recipes. Author of Well Plated and com I am on a mission to help you save time and dishes while satisfying your cravings for sweets and vegetables. WELCOME
Get to know Erin better.
Are you interested in purchasing firearms in Ontario? In Canada, firearms can be classified into three categories:Non-restricted (e.g.: most modern hunting firearms, including rifles and shotguns)Restricted (e.g.: primarily handguns)ProhibitedTo legally obtain non-restricted firearms and ammunition in
The following regulations will take effect on January 1st, 2021 for existing members of the Esso Extra program who joined before October 6th, 2020. For new members who joined on or after October 6th, 2020, these rules will be effective immediately.The regulations outlined below pertain to the Esso
To make a call from a phone in Italy, simply dial 001 followed by your desired number. Many Americans feel apprehensive about dialing European phone numbers, but there's no need to worry. With the help of these guidelines and a comprehensive list of calling codes for Europe, the process becomes quite
If you have ordered an item from another country, you may have to pay shipping duties on your package. These duties are specific taxes and fees that are applied to your package by the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) and are usually paid through the shipping company. However, you might be wondering