In some cases, the links in this post will be affiliate links. Please review our policy regarding disclosure.
When you're having a barbecue, these baked potatoes are a simple and delicious side dish to whip up on the grill. These potatoes are naturally vegan and Whole30 compliant, have a salty crust, and are incredibly fluffy on the inside. Pile on the toppings and serve with grilled meat or fish.
Here's Why This Dish Is So Delicious
I bet you didn't know that you can make baked potatoes on the grill.
Additionally, the skins are crisp and the interiors are airy.
Baked potatoes that taste like they came from a steakhouse can be made quickly and easily on the grill, eliminating the need to return and forth between the kitchen and the grill. A salty coating can be found on the exterior.
Having a salty crust on a baked potato is the equivalent of having a crust on anything.
That's what makes these potatoes so delicious.
- A salt crust gives them a satisfying crunch while keeping the insides light and airy.
- In this article, we show you how to make them in a few simple steps, complete with illustrations.
- They can be grilled along with the rest of your meal, allowing you to relax and enjoy your time on the patio with friends and family while you eat.
- To make the inside fluffier and to speed up the grilling process, these baked potatoes are precooked in the microwave first.
Instructions for Preparing Them
First, choose your potatoes. Select Russet potatoes of similar sizes to ensure uniform cooking.
Close the lid of your grill and heat it on high for 15 minutes to get it to about 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
Step two: get those potatoes ready! Scrub the potatoes and prick them all over with a fork. After drying, apply avocado oil or another neutral oil and coat. To do this, put the oil (about 3 tablespoons) in a large, shallow bowl and toss the potatoes around to coat them. Take out and drain any excess oil before moving on.
Spread some Kosher or sea salt out in another large, shallow bowl. Place the oil-coated potatoes in the salt bowl and toss to coat.
Make sure there are no openings in the foil and wrap each potato separately. Cook on the grill with the lid closed. Prepare for 30 to 40 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the thickest part of the potato meets no resistance.
Take off the grill and discard the foil. Purify and reuse
First, cut a slit lengthwise down the top of the potato with a knife. Next, while protecting your hands with a towel or potholder to avoid burns, press the ends of the potato in towards the center to open it. Make the meat fluffier by scraping it with a fork. Pile on the toppings and serve.
Prepare the Barbecue
It is critical to properly preheat the grill for this and any other grilling recipe. Before adding the potatoes to the grill, make sure it reaches a temperature of at least 350 degrees Fahrenheit (176 degrees Celsius). To get your grill to the ideal cooking temperature, preheat it for 15 minutes with the lid closed.
- It's important to get the grill nice and hot before you start cooking. Read the preceding section for additional information.
- It's not necessary to salt the potato, but doing so will produce a deliciously crunchy exterior. One of my top recommendations.
- To avoid explosive potatoes while microwaving, prick them all over with a fork first.
- The grilling time will increase by about 40 minutes if you need to open the lid to cook other foods. If at all possible, cook with the lid closed. With this setup, the grill can be used as a makeshift oven for the potatoes.
- Put two layers of foil around your potato to make sure no flames or bare spots appear while cooking.
- Get potatoes that are all about the same size so they cook evenly.
- Put the potato in the microwave for four to five minutes, or until it yields easily when squeezed (using a towel or potholder to protect your hand). Make it hours in advance and finish it off on the grill.
- For an easy salt crust, use a wide, shallow bowl to roll your potatoes in.
Options for Adding Flavor to Your Pizza
Grilled chicken, steamed broccoli, cheese sauce, chili, butter, cheese, sour cream, bacon bits, green onions, ranch dressing, salsa, diced tomatoes If you're following a vegan or Whole30 diet, you might want to try ghee. Shreds of vegan cheese for vegans or my Vegan Queso for vegans or Whole30 dieters.
Different Delicious Dishes
Okay, so you've read this far, and that makes us fast friends. It would mean a lot to me if you could take a moment after trying this recipe to leave a quick review and star rating below. Don't forget to add me on all your social media platforms, including Instagram, Pinterest, TikTok, and Facebook!
- huge bowl or plate that can be heated in the microwave
- 4 potatoes, 8 sheets of aluminum foil
- Preheating the grill at 350 degrees Fahrenheit with the lid closed While the grill is preheating, place one russet potato in a medium bowl. Make holes in the potatoes and drizzle them with neutral oil. Remove the potato and continue with the rest of the potatoes.
- Spread enough salt out to cover the bottom of a second medium bowl with salt. Put one potato in a bowl, oil side up, and toss it around until it's covered in a light coating of salt. Then, place on a microwave-safe plate or bowl and repeat with the remaining potatoes.
- After you've oiled and salted all of the potatoes, you can pop them in the microwave. Steam the potatoes for 4 minutes on high. Take the potatoes out of the microwave and individually wrap them in two layers of aluminum foil.
- Don't bother with a grill rack; just throw those potatoes in foil right on the grate. Keep the lid closed while grilling the potatoes for 30–40 minutes. Take into account that the grilling time will increase every time the lid is opened.
- After 30 minutes, start checking the doneness of the potatoes by piercing the skin with a fork or skewer. Take potatoes off the grill when a fork or skewer can be inserted into one with little to no resistance.
- Grilled potatoes, foil, and all. To open a potato, make a lengthwise cut down its middle and then press gently on both of its ends. Use a fork to fluff the potato flesh and then serve with the fixings of your choice.
- Be sure to get the grill nice and hot before adding the potatoes.
- Keep any leftover potatoes in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
The total servings count shown is an approximation. The number of servings is approximate and will vary depending on serving size.
The listed ingredients are those required for one serving, and the nutritional information shown is for that amount. Macros are approximate and may change slightly based on the brands and varieties of ingredients used.
One serving weight can be determined by following the recipe exactly as written and weighing the finished product. To determine how many servings a recipe makes, simply weigh the completed dish (without the container) and divide by that weight. The final number is the amount of one serving.
In addition to keeping your baked potatoes hot for a longer period of time, aluminum foil is a good heat conductor.
Yes For best results when baking potatoes, pierce them several times with a fork before placing them in the oven. If not, your potatoes may burst into flames.
Are you interested in purchasing firearms in Ontario? In Canada, firearms can be classified into three categories:Non-restricted (e.g.: most modern hunting firearms, including rifles and shotguns)Restricted (e.g.: primarily handguns)ProhibitedTo legally obtain non-restricted firearms and ammunition in
The following regulations will take effect on January 1st, 2021 for existing members of the Esso Extra program who joined before October 6th, 2020. For new members who joined on or after October 6th, 2020, these rules will be effective immediately.The regulations outlined below pertain to the Esso
To make a call from a phone in Italy, simply dial 001 followed by your desired number. Many Americans feel apprehensive about dialing European phone numbers, but there's no need to worry. With the help of these guidelines and a comprehensive list of calling codes for Europe, the process becomes quite
If you have ordered an item from another country, you may have to pay shipping duties on your package. These duties are specific taxes and fees that are applied to your package by the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) and are usually paid through the shipping company. However, you might be wondering