11 Simple Steps to Banish Your French Keyboard (with Pictures)
If you are having trouble with your French keyboard and want to switch to another language on your PC or Mac, this guide on how to disable the French keyboard is for you. Whether you want to keep the French keyboard for occasional use or remove it completely, we’ve got you covered with this easy-to-follow guide.
I. Switching Keyboard Languages (Optional) on Windows
When it comes to Windows, if you don’t want to actually delete the French keyboard, you can switch to another language by using a quick shortcut. Here’s how:
1. Press and hold the Alt + Shift keys (If your keyboard has two Alt keys, use the one on the left).
2. Lift your finger from the Shift key when you see the keyboard list, but keep holding the Alt key down.
3. Tap the Shift key until you find the language you want to use.
4. Once the language is highlighted, release the Alt key.
As long as you choose a language other than French, you'll be using that language's keyboard layout instead of the French keyboard.
II. Disabling the French Keyboard on Windows
To completely remove the French keyboard from your Windows computer, follow these simple steps:
1. Open your Windows Settings by clicking the gear icon in the Start menu (or by pressing the Windows key + I simultaneously).
2. Click Time & Language, it’s located near the center of the list.
3. Click Language in the left panel; information about your language and keyboard settings will appear in the right panel.
4. Select the French language and click Options, the language should be under "Preferred Languages" near the bottom of the page.
5. This opens your French language options. If you don't see French here, click your preferred language, and you should see a French or Canadian multilingual keyboard under "Keyboards."
6. Select the French keyboard and click Remove; this deletes the French keyboard layout.
III. Disabling the French Keyboard on Mac
To disable the French keyboard on a Mac, follow these easy steps:
1. Open your System Preferences which can be found in the Apple menu at the top left corner of the screen.
2. Click the Keyboard icon to access your Mac keyboard settings.
3. Click the Input Sources tab located near the top of the window; this will display a list of your keyboard languages in the left column.
4. If you don't see the language of the keyboard you want to use, add it before you delete the French keyboard. To do this, click the + button below the keyboard list, select a language and layout, and then click Add.
5. Add the input switcher to the menu bar (optional) if you would like to keep multiple keyboard layouts on your computer and switch between them easily by checking the box next to "Show input menu in menu bar." Now you can click the current language on the menu bar at the top of the screen to switch between them.
6. To completely delete the French keyboard from your Mac, select the French keyboard from the list of keyboard languages and click the minus sign. This removes the French keyboard layout from your Mac, so you won't accidentally switch to it while typing.
Now that you know how to disable the French keyboard on your PC or Mac, you can use your preferred language without any interruptions. Remember to switch to another language before deleting the French keyboard layout if you prefer. Also, if you’re a Mac user, you can use the input switcher feature to keep multiple keyboard layouts and switch between them easily.
Are you interested in purchasing firearms in Ontario? In Canada, firearms can be classified into three categories:Non-restricted (e.g.: most modern hunting firearms, including rifles and shotguns)Restricted (e.g.: primarily handguns)ProhibitedTo legally obtain non-restricted firearms and ammunition in
The following regulations will take effect on January 1st, 2021 for existing members of the Esso Extra program who joined before October 6th, 2020. For new members who joined on or after October 6th, 2020, these rules will be effective immediately.The regulations outlined below pertain to the Esso
To make a call from a phone in Italy, simply dial 001 followed by your desired number. Many Americans feel apprehensive about dialing European phone numbers, but there's no need to worry. With the help of these guidelines and a comprehensive list of calling codes for Europe, the process becomes quite
If you have ordered an item from another country, you may have to pay shipping duties on your package. These duties are specific taxes and fees that are applied to your package by the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) and are usually paid through the shipping company. However, you might be wondering